Recap of 2019:
- Uploaded 63 videos to YouTube
- Published 19 articles on this website
- Shot 8 3-gun matches at CHAS
- Shot a couple pistol matches
- Attended the Podcaster’s charity match in Drumheller
- That one time I accidentally shot my phone
- Shot my first CRPS match (article) (CRPS Website)
- Moved to 4K video on YouTube after I got a 4k TV and saw how big of a difference it made
- Certified Instructor with Project Mapleseed
Stats for the year
- 2.1 million video views on YouTube. The channel is up to 18,000 subscribers, and a crappy video on the M1 Garand is over 1 million views now
- 1.1 million articles read on this website
- 5000 views for the relatively new 3gun.ca
What’s coming in 2020?
- A LOT more Project Mapleseed. I’ll be running most of the Alberta events and we’ve got a lot of them coming up for 2020.
- Fewer 3 gun matches. If I had all the time in the world, I’d do both Mapleseed and 3 gun, but I want to spend a great deal of time establishing Mapleseed in Alberta next year.
- More 22LR content. I’ve got an uber ammo breakdown that I’m still working through scoring, and about 4 more rimfire rifle reviews in the queue.
- Some camping gear reviews. For any away matches for Mapleseed, I’ll camp where possible, so I’ll do some more reviews on that kind of gear.
Where can you find more HuntingGearGuy content?
- Slam Fire Radio if you’re looking for weekly podcast content
- YouTube, until they ban me, for video gun reviews
- Gunstreamer and Bitchute are more gun-friendly video sites that I have my videos on
- Facebook for sneak peeks at what I’m working on
- Instagram for off the cuff videos and pics